Customer input holds immense importance for any business. It serves as a valuable tool for companies to comprehend the requirements and desires of their clients, allowing them to improve their products. But not all feedback carries equal weight, and this is where the Voice of the Customer (VoC) becomes invaluable.
What is Voice of Customer?
VoC is a systematic approach to gathering and analyzing customer feedback and then extracting valuable insights. Understanding customers' needs refines products/services, identifies causes of issues, and facilitates effective solutions.
VoC goes beyond feedback, prioritizing customer understanding. Adopting VoC enhances loyalty, retention, and financial performance. It captures feedback through surveys, interviews, and social media, improving customer experience and driving growth.
The Importance of Voice of Customer Software
VoC software is becoming increasingly popular among businesses of all sizes. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Identifying customer needs and pain points: VoC software aids customer understanding, improving offerings and experience.
- Measuring customer satisfaction: VoC software measures satisfaction, reduces churn, and boosts loyalty.
- Identifying trends and patterns: VoC software spots trends in customer feedback, guiding product development and marketing decisions.
- Improving customer engagement: VoC software boosts customer engagement with personalized experiences and prompt feedback responses.
- Driving business growth: VoC software enhances customer experience, boosts retention, attracts new customers, and fuels business growth.
How to Select the Right Voice of Customer Tool
When selecting the right Voice of Customer tool, it's important to keep the following in mind:
- Identify your goals and objectives for collecting customer feedback.
- Consider the features and functionalities of the tool, such as the ability to collect feedback through various channels and analyze data in real time.
- Assess the level of customization and flexibility the tool offers to meet your unique business needs.
- Compare pricing and subscription plans to ensure that the tool fits within your budget.
- Read reviews and testimonials from other businesses to gauge the effectiveness and reliability of the tool.
By taking these factors into account, businesses can select the right Voice of Customer tool that aligns with their goals, budget, and customer feedback needs.
List of Top 10 Voice of Customer Software
We have conducted extensive research to provide you with a list of the best Voice of Customer software available in the market today. Our selection process involved analyzing features, pricing, and customer reviews. We are confident that our list will help you make an informed decision when choosing the right Voice of Customer software for your business needs.
Introducing FeedBear: The Best Voice of Customer (VoC) Tool for Streamlined Product Development
Are you searching for the ultimate Voice of Customer (VoC) tool to enhance your product development process? Look no further than FeedBear – a powerful and affordable solution designed to improve how teams gather and leverage customer feedback.
At FeedBear, we understand the importance of a streamlined and efficient VoC process without compromising on functionality. That's why we've created a tool that is not only intuitive and user-friendly but also packed with robust features. With FeedBear, your team can effortlessly collect, analyze, and act upon valuable customer insights to drive product improvements and customer satisfaction.
Here's how FeedBear stands out as the best VoC tool:
Effortless Feedback Collection
With FeedBear, gathering customer feedback is a breeze. Create customizable idea boards to collect ideas, feature requests, and bug reports directly from your customers. Enable comments and voting to foster collaboration and prioritize the most impactful changes.
Actionable Product Roadmap
Visualize your product roadmap in a Kanban-style view, customized to communicate your goals effectively. Keep track of planned, in-progress, and completed tasks, ensuring team alignment and enabling transparent progress updates for your customers. With FeedBear, you have full control over the development process.
Streamlined Release Announcements
Keep your customers informed about new features and releases with FeedBear's built-in changelog feature. Close the feedback loop by generating excitement and ensuring that your customers are aware of the latest additions to your product. By actively involving customers in the process, you'll increase retention rates and overall satisfaction.
FeedBear seamlessly integrates with popular tools such as Trello, Jira, Intercom, Slack, and Zapier. Incorporate FeedBear into your existing workflow effortlessly, allowing for a smooth and efficient collaboration experience. No need to disrupt your established processes.
Simple and Customizable Design
FeedBear prioritizes simplicity. Our tool offers a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for users with minimal experience. Customize the design to align with your branding and seamlessly embed your roadmap on your domain, website, or within your application.
Affordable Pricing Plans
Say goodbye to complicated pricing structures. FeedBear offers straightforward pricing plans that include your entire team.
Our Startup plan starts at just $49 per month for up to 3 team members, while our Business plan accommodates larger teams with unlimited members starting at $99 per month.
Enjoy a wide range of features, seamless integrations, and incredible value for your investment.
What users love about FeedBear:
- Idea sharing and voting: Users easily contribute suggestions, while others vote for favorites.
- Insights for prioritization: FeedBear provides clear guidance on what to prioritize.
- Customer communication: It keeps customers updated on ongoing developments.
- Automatic progress updates: FeedBear notifies users as product or user requests progress.
- User-friendly interface: FeedBear's intuitive UI sets it apart, ensuring ease of use.
- Seamless feedback: Users submit ideas without email, streamlining feedback process.
- Efficient feedback management: FeedBear enables swift collection and organization of feedback.
- Swift feature development: Users promptly build new features based on received feedback.
To summarize, FeedBear is an efficient and user-friendly tool for streamlining team workflows. Its contemporary interface revolutionizes organization and collaboration.
By maintaining customer engagement and providing updates, FeedBear guarantees a seamless experience. Experience the remarkable capabilities of FeedBear firsthand by giving it a try today.
Brightidea is an innovation management software designed for innovation teams to collect and evaluate ideas. It assists in making data-driven decisions and executing innovation projects. The software allows users to create web portals, mobile apps, email campaigns, paper forms, and voice skills for idea collection from any source. Finally, it comes with custom criteria to prioritize ideas, collaborate on solutions, and track feedback and outcomes.
- Idea Management: Collect and organize ideas using idea boards, filters, and tags. Launch targeted idea campaigns with defined scope, problem statement, evaluation criteria, and rewards.
- Project Management: Create and manage innovation projects with clear goals, timelines, budgets, and deliverables. Assign roles and responsibilities and track progress and performance.
- Feedback Collection: Collect feedback from customers, employees, partners, etc., using surveys, forums, commenting, and ranking features. Engage the audience and gather insights.
- Idea Sources: Source ideas from internal and external sources using idea campaigns, suggestion boxes, hackathons, incubator programs, etc.
- Integration: Integrate with various tools and platforms, such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Jira, Zapier, etc., to streamline the innovation workflow and data.
- Analytics: Measure the impact of innovation initiatives on various metrics, such as ROI, engagement, participation, quality, diversity, etc. Generate reports, dashboards, insights, etc., to share results with stakeholders or improve future strategies.
Brightidea.com does not publicly disclose its pricing information. You will need to directly contact them to receive a customized quote that suits your specific needs. As per feedback from users, the starting price for a flat rate plan is approximately $59 per month.
Aha! Idea is a cloud-based tool that helps you in setting strategy, capturing feedback, prioritizing features, and creating visual roadmaps. You can define your vision, goals, and initiatives based on customer needs and market insights. This tool lets you collect feedback from various sources and turn them into actionable plans. You can also prioritize features based on value and effort, create roadmaps for different audiences, and track progress across teams.
- Ideas portals for collecting ideas from different sources and enabling users to submit, vote, and comment on them.
- In-app feedback widget for capturing ideas while customers are using your product.
- Custom scorecards for assigning scores to ideas based on your criteria such as value, effort, or risk.
- Custom fields for adding additional information to ideas such as tags, categories, or statuses.
- Custom workflows for defining the stages that ideas go through from submission to implementation.
- Empathy sessions for inviting users to share their feedback live via video or audio calls.
- Reports and charts for visualizing and analyzing data from ideas such as votes, comments, scores, or statuses.
- Product roadmaps for linking ideas to your product strategy and showing how they align with your goals and initiatives.
- Integrations for connecting ideas with other tools such as Jira, Trello, GitHub, or Slack.
Aha! Ideas offers a comprehensive idea management software that provides crowdsourced feedback, community engagement, and trend analysis.
The Essentials plan starts at $39 per user per month, with a minimum of 3 paid users, and provides unlimited portals for crowdsourcing feedback. For more advanced features, the Advanced plan is available at $59 per user per month, which includes everything in the Essentials plan plus advanced analytics, custom fields, integrations, and more.
Aha! Roadmaps, which is a complete product management suite that includes Ideas Essentials for crowdsourcing feedback, has a Starter plan priced at $59 per user per month. The Premium plan is available at $99 per user per month, while the Enterprise plan costs $124 per user per month. For the Enterprise+ plan, it is priced at $149 per user per month. Additionally, you can upgrade your Roadmaps account to include Ideas Advanced for an extra cost.
Viima is an innovation platform that enables you to gather and refine ideas from your employees or customers. It is a flexible tool that can be customized to meet your specific process requirements, regardless of whether you're using stage-gate, lean startup, or hackathons. Viima is employed by various industries of all sizes to encourage user input, sort ideas according to multiple criteria, and monitor their progress.
- Idea submission: Users can submit their ideas through the web, mobile, email, or Microsoft Teams. They can also comment, vote and collaborate with others.
- Idea ranking: Viima uses a unique algorithm to rank ideas based on popularity, feasibility, and impact. Users can also customize their ranking criteria and filters.
- Campaign management: Users can create and manage different types of campaigns for specific goals or challenges. They can set deadlines, rewards, and feedback mechanisms for each campaign.
- Gamification tools: Viima uses points, badges, and leaderboards to motivate and engage users in the innovation process.
- Reporting and analytics: Viima provides various reports and dashboards to help users monitor and measure the performance of their ideas and campaigns. They can export data to other tools for further analysis.
Viima provides various pricing plans that cater to different user numbers and requirements. Their plans include:
The Free plan is ideal for innovation beginners and comes with basic features such as idea submission, voting, commenting, and ranking. It allows up to 10 users and 1 board and has self-service support.
The Basic plan offers more flexibility and control for small teams. It allows up to 50 users and 3 boards and includes email support. Additional features include custom fields, filters, categories, and integrations. The Basic plan costs $39 per month.
The Unlimited plan is designed for larger organizations and offers unlimited access to all features and users. It allows unlimited users and boards and has priority support. Advanced features include campaigns, analytics, gamification, SSO, and API. The Unlimited plan costs $1799 per month.
Crowdicity is a cloud-based solution that allows organizations to gather, systematize, and take action on ideas and feedback from their stakeholders, including employees and customers. It promotes teamwork across teams, locations, and time zones through its social functions such as voting, commenting, and gamification.
- Challenges management: Create and launch challenges easily and flexibly, target user participation, refine ideas through systematic stage gates, and automate idea progression.
- Idea management: Capture, categorize, and prioritize ideas using various criteria such as votes, comments, ratings, or tags. Collaborate on ideas with others using familiar social tools.
- Analytics tools: Measure and monitor challenge and idea performance using metrics such as engagement, diversity, impact, or innovation. Generate reports and insights to inform decision-making.
- Mobile engagement: Access Crowdicity from any device using a web browser or native app. Receive notifications and updates on challenges and ideas via email or push messages.
- Access control: Control who can access your Crowdicity platform by inviting users individually or using single sign-on (SSO) or LDAP integration. Assign different roles and permissions to users based on their level of involvement.
- Email integration: Integrate Crowdicity with your email provider, such as Gmail or Outlook, to send and receive emails from your Crowdicity platform. Customize email templates and branding to match your organization’s identity.
- Custom landing pages and user interface: Create custom landing pages for challenges and ideas to attract and engage users. Customize the look and feel of your Crowdicity platform using themes, colors, logos, and images.
Crowdicity doesn't disclose its pricing publicly on its website. However, according to some third-party sources, Crowdicity offers three pricing plans:
The Starter plan is great for small teams or projects that want to test Crowdicity's features. It comes with up to 100 users, 1 challenge, basic analytics, and support. The plan costs $99 per month or $999 per year.
The Professional plan is perfect for medium-sized organizations or departments that want to run multiple challenges and engage more users. It includes up to 1000 users, 5 challenges, advanced analytics, and support. This plan costs $499 per month or $4999 per year.
The Enterprise plan is ideal for large organizations or networks that want to run unlimited challenges and engage unlimited users. It includes custom features, integrations, analytics, and support. The pricing for this plan is available upon request.
Idea Note is a web-based software that helps organizations collect, develop, prioritize, and act on the right ideas. It enables users to launch idea campaigns, invite participants, evaluates and rank ideas, and track their progress. This voice of customer tool is designed to facilitate idea management, encouraging participation, and collaboration from users to make it easier for businesses to focus on the best ideas.
- Collaboration: Work together with team members and stakeholders in real time.
- Discussion Threads: Add comments, feedback, and suggestions to an idea discussion thread.
- Engagement Monitoring: Track the engagement of team members and stakeholders.
- Evaluation Workflow: Evaluate ideas based on criteria and score them.
- Feedback Management: Manage feedback from team members and stakeholders in one place.
- Gamification: Gamify the ideation process with challenges, rewards, and badges.
- Idea Ranking: Rank ideas based on their potential impact to prioritize and focus on the most impactful ones.
- Ideation/Crowdsourcing: Crowdsource ideas from team members and stakeholders by setting up challenges and inviting submissions.
- Idea Campaigns: Create and launch different types of idea campaigns with customized settings.
- Idea Boards: Organize and visualize ideas on interactive boards with filtering and sorting options.
- Idea Evaluation: Evaluate ideas using various methods and assign reviewers or experts for feedback.
- Idea Execution: Turn ideas into actionable projects with clear goals and milestones. Track progress and impact with metrics and reports.
- Idea Templates: Use ready-made templates or create your own for different types of ideas.
- Idea Collaboration: Invite and engage team members and stakeholders to collaborate on idea campaigns.
- Idea Analytics: Measure and analyze the performance and impact of ideas and projects.
Our Free plan is perfect for small teams of up to 10 members who want to keep track of their ideas and enhance their innovation. This plan includes unlimited guests and all features necessary to collect, engage, manage, and automate ideas.
Our Business plan is ideal for larger teams and organizations that require more advanced features. Starting from $49 per month for 15 members, this plan can scale up to 2,500 members. It includes everything in the Free plan and additional features such as custom branding, integrations, analytics, and support.
For enterprises that need a personalized solution for their innovation needs, our Enterprise plan is the best option. This plan includes everything in the Business plan, plus dedicated account management, custom development, security, and compliance.
Praxie offers an innovation management platform that helps businesses manage their innovation processes. The platform enables businesses to collect and manage ideas, collaborate with team members, and track progress. It is customizable and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each business, incorporating various tools, templates, and data.
- Online software tools, templates, and business process apps to help teams collaborate more effectively.
- Interactive software apps created by industry experts, book authors, and consultants.
- Flexible Innovation Command Center software platform to manage the innovation process.
- Assign and engage individuals and teams as owners of specific opportunities, metrics, and process steps.
- Internal data linking features to share data across apps and processes for better visualization.
- Share data as inputs or outputs of a process or summarize progress through shared dashboards.
Praxie offers a free trial but does not have a free/freemium version.
Praxie has three different pricing plans: Pro, Instant Business Processes, and Everything in Pro.
The Pro plan costs $9.95 per user per month when billed annually, and $14.95 per user per month when billed monthly.
The Instant Business Processes plan costs $24.95 per user per month when billed annually, and $39.95 per user per month when billed monthly.
Lastly, the Everything in Pro plan costs $49.95 per user per month when billed annually, and $79.95 per user per month when billed monthly.
Chisel Labs is a good app for product managers, enabling them to perform crucial tasks such as creating roadmaps, building team alignment, and collecting customer feedback. Also, Chisel Labs has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to survey customers directly from within the app. This feature is useful for validating user needs and obtaining feedback after a product launch.
- Free roadmap tool for product managers.
- TreeView breaks down products into epics and stories.
- Driver values for prioritizing feature requests.
- Including team members in prioritization and decision-making is facilitated through the utilization of Team Radar.
- Identification of priority alignment or divergence across the team with Team Radar.
- Proactive management of disagreements with Team Radar.
- Idea Box for collecting customer feedback.
- Building deep direct customer connections with Idea Box.
Chisel provides three different packages: Essential, Premium, and Enterprise. The Essential package is free and comes with prioritization features, unlimited product/project roadmaps, and customer surveys that offer 100 free responses.
The Premium package is priced at $49 per month and includes all the features that come with the Essential package, along with additional customer surveys, onboarding/training, priority support, integrations, and a dedicated customer success manager.
The Enterprise package is designed for larger companies and includes all the Premium features and more. Please contact the sales team for pricing information. Chisel also provides a 14-day free trial of the Premium package for interested users.
Nolt is a tool that enables tech startups to collect feedback from various sources like customers, employees, and friends. The platform offers a centralized location for product, support, and research teams to gather input. It comes with a feedback board that helps to prioritize feedback, create a roadmap, and provide automatic updates. With a minimal design, Nolt appears simple and compatible with teams with simpler processes.
- Nolt offers minimal feedback boards to collect and organize user feedback such as feature requests and bug reports.
- The Roadmap feature allows you to share a roadmap with customers to communicate your prioritization.
- Native integrations are available for popular apps like JIRA, Trello, Slack, and Discord.
- You can set up webhooks to notify your application about any major events you're interested in.
- Users can vote on features and ideas for validation.
- Other common features include SSO, merging similar requests, voting on behalf of your users, custom branding, custom fields, private boards, and more.
Nolt has a straightforward pricing plan that charges a flat rate of $25 per board or project. This pricing structure is ideal for startups that are working on a single project. However, for companies that have established teams or multiple products in their portfolio, the pricing can become steep. Even if you choose to maintain more than one board, the price increases significantly.
For instance, a company that wants to keep separate boards for feature requests and bug reports for two of their products would require four boards. This would make the cost of using Nolt reach $100 per month.
Frill is a customer feedback tool that is similar in structure and feels to other tools in its category. The platform allows users to gather feedback in a central location, while also offering a roadmap for integrating customer ideas. This roadmap can be kept private or shared publicly. Also, Frill provides a change log for announcing product updates, which helps to close the feedback loop. Users can also see, comment, and upvote feedback and ideas submitted by others.
- Collect feedback from multiple sources and centralize it.
- Create a uniform data-gathering process for the entire team.
- Ensure important reviews stay on top.
- Enhance readability by formatting posts.
- Incorporate brand logo, fonts, and colors for customization.
- Gather insights privately and publicly through the feedback board.
- Limit access to boards by selecting privacy settings.
- Add custom fields like company type and monthly expenditure.
- Sync with project management tools and see statuses in real time.
- Create public and private roadmaps for road mapping.
- Keep customers and stakeholders in the loop about product updates and new features.
- Schedule releases, close feedback threads and add custom labels in the product changelog for communication.
- Leverage integrations with Slack, Intercom, Zapier, Jira, Trello, and HelpScout for integrations.
- Other features include SSO, automated emails, translations, themes, feedback widgets, roadmap widgets, micro-roadmaps, and creating and upvoting ideas on behalf of users.
Frill offers a free plan that provides nearly all the core features, except for privacy and white labeling, with a limitation of only 20 active ideas. However, this plan may not be practical for startups or small companies dealing with a substantial amount of feedback.
The Startup plan is priced at $25 per month and includes the core features with limitations on a maximum of 50 active ideas. To remove this limit, an additional add-on cost of $25 is required. If you want to access privacy features, an extra $25 is required, bringing the total price to $75 per month. Additionally, there is an add-on option for white labeling, which costs $100 on top of the Startup plan.
Frill's most premium package is called Growth and is priced at $149 per month. This package removes all limitations and includes all the add-ons that are available separately in the Startup plan.
After considering various feedback tools and Voice of Customer tools in the market, it's safe to say that FeedBear is a great option. The platform offers a centralized idea board, a customizable public roadmap, and a changelog all in one place. Plus, its modern design and ability to close the loop with customers make it a great choice for businesses of all sizes.
One of the biggest advantages of using FeedBear is its affordability. With its low pricing, businesses can collaborate with their customers without adding another expensive subscription to their budget.
Also, the platform is user-friendly and customizable, making it easy for businesses to use and adapt to their needs.
While there are other Voice of Customer tools available in the market, FeedBear stands out for its combination of price, ease of use, and functionality. It's a great option for businesses looking to collaborate with their customers and build the right features. However, it's important to note that there may be other tools out there that better suit specific business needs.