Agile product development is a system or in technical terms, a “methodology” that has been gaining popularity in recent years. The approach focuses on collaboration, flexibility, and adaptability, allowing teams to work more efficiently and effectively. Agile development emphasizes delivering working products quickly while continuously improving the quality of the product.
Traditionally, product development has been a long, drawn-out process that's often filled with delays and obstacles. With Agile, however, teams can move quickly and make changes on the fly as the project progresses. This approach allows teams to respond to feedback from stakeholders, customers, and team members on time.
Agile product development is not just a buzzword or a passing trend. It's a proven methodology that has been used by some of the most successful companies in the world, including Google, Amazon, and Microsoft. Agile development has been shown to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve the quality of the final product.
Today, we will explore the basics of Agile product development, what it's, how it works, and its benefits. We will also discuss the key principles of Agile development and how to implement them in your organization. We’ll also share a list of tools that you can use to implement this methodology in your product ops.
What is Agile Product Development?
Agile product development is a methodology that emphasizes collaboration, flexibility, and adaptability in the product development process. Instead of following a rigid plan, Agile development focuses on delivering working products quickly while continuously improving the quality of the product. It allows teams to respond to feedback from stakeholders, customers, and team members on time, making the development process more efficient and effective.
Importance of Agile Product Development
- Increased Productivity: Agile development encourages teams to work collaboratively and efficiently, making the development process more productive.
- Reduced Costs: By responding to feedback and making changes on the fly, agile development reduces the costs associated with making changes late in the development process.
- Improved Quality: Agile development promotes continuous improvement, resulting in a higher quality product.
- Customer Satisfaction: By responding to feedback and delivering working products quickly, agile development ensures customer satisfaction by meeting their needs and expectations.
- Competitive Advantage: Adopting agile development gives organizations a competitive advantage by allowing them to respond to changes in the market quickly and efficiently.
- Proven Methodology: Agile development has been used by some of the most successful companies, including Google, Amazon, and Microsoft. Its effectiveness has been proven time and time again.
How to Select the Right Agile Product Development Tool
Selecting the right Agile product development tool is crucial for the success of your project. Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice:
- Identify your needs and requirements before selecting a tool.
- Consider the size and scope of your project to determine the level of complexity of the tool you need.
- Look for a tool that offers flexibility and customization options to fit your specific needs.
- Consider the tool’s ease of use and the learning curve for your team.
- Compare pricing and features of different tools to find the best value for your budget.
- Read reviews and ask for recommendations from other Agile teams to help narrow down your options.
List of Top 10 Agile Product Development Apps
If you’re looking for an agile product development app, you’ve come to the right place. We have carefully selected the best tools after conducting extensive research. This list includes apps that are easy to use, affordable, and perfect for startups. These agile product development apps can help you streamline your workflow, manage your team efficiently, and increase productivity. Keep reading to discover the top 10 apps that made our list!
FeedBear: An Agile Product Development Tool
FeedBear is an affordable and modern agile product development tool that offers a fast and easy-to-use platform to help teams manage their software development lifecycle efficiently. The core idea behind FeedBear is to build a powerful yet simple tool that reduces the learning curve for users and team members to near zero. Onboarding and setup take only a few minutes, making it the simplest tool on the market.
Visual Product Roadmap
FeedBear gives you the ability to create and manage a shareable product roadmap. It’s simple and intuitive with customizable columns and statuses to help you communicate exactly what you want. Tracking of planned, in-progress, and completed tasks ensures team alignment toward common goals and a simple way to communicate your progress with customers.
FeedBear lets you create unlimited idea boards for feedback, ideas, and feature requests (but also bug reports and virtually anything you want).
- It centralizes feedback from both team and customers. It allows comments and voting on ideas and can be kept internal or public.
- Aligns product development with customer needs, increasing satisfaction and reducing churn.
- Facilitates collaboration between product, support, and customer success teams to enhance the product and meet customer requirements.
- Ideas can be merged and reorganized, edited, moved, and deleted so your team members are in complete control.
Engage Your Customers
One way to engage your customers is by sharing your roadmap with them. This shows that you’re listening to their feedback and builds a sense of community and loyalty among your customers. Take advantage of comments and discussions to identify the real problems and needs of your customers.
Another way to keep customers engaged is by announcing new features and releases. Use a built-in changelog to keep customers informed and generate excitement for new features. Make sure that new features are not overlooked and are utilized by customers to improve retention and overall satisfaction.
FeedBear can help you integrate with popular tools such as Trello, Jira, Intercom, Slack, and Zapier. Its customizable design makes it easy to use, and you can publish your roadmap from your domain, on your website, or inside your application.
FeedBear is an affordable option with simple pricing plans that include your whole team. The Startup plan starts at just $49 per month for up to three team members, while the Business plan starts at $99 per month for bigger teams with unlimited team members. You can take advantage of a wide range of features and benefits, all integrations, at an incredibly low price point.
ClickUp is a project management tool that provides a variety of features for managing tasks, projects, teams, and workflows. It connects with other tools like Slack, Trello, and Google Drive, allowing you to work seamlessly with other tools. ClickUp has various pricing plans that suit different requirements and budgets. Also, it comes with a free plan that includes essential features for up to 100 users. ClickUp’s basic features, such as file storage, activity log, and time tracking, are all included in the free plan.
- Create and customize views for tasks, projects, and teams.
- Share views with anyone.
- Add resources like conversations, docs, and mind maps to tasks and projects.
- Work on resources without leaving ClickUp.
- Integrate with over 1,000 tools, including team calendars, messaging apps, and cloud storage.
- Powerful collaboration features for assigning tasks, setting due dates, and communicating with team members.
- 15+ views available, including lists, Kanban boards, calendars, and timelines.
- Choose the view that works best for you and your team.
- Dashboards provide a bird’s-eye view of tasks and projects.
- Add various lists, documents, and embeds as widgets to one page.
ClickUp offers three pricing plans: a free plan, an Unlimited plan, and a Business plan.
The Unlimited plan costs $9 per user per month if paid monthly, or $5 per user per month if paid annually ($60 total). The Business plan costs $15 per user per month if paid monthly, or $9 per user per month if paid annually ($108 total).
The free plan includes unlimited tasks, lists, and projects, unlimited members, and 100MB of storage. The Unlimited plan includes everything in the free plan, as well as unlimited storage, goals, portfolios, custom fields, and more.
The Business plan includes everything in the Unlimited plan, as well as advanced features like time tracking, custom exporting, and custom permissions.
Monday is an agile product development tool that simplifies team communication and enhances productivity. It has a customizable interface and can integrate with various tools. Monday lets you create your workflow in minutes or choose from a range of ready-made templates based on real team usage. It offers an easy-to-use visual interface. The interface is a spreadsheet-like design that even first-time users can understand.
- Monitoring, managing, and tracking workloads.
- Easy communication, collaboration, and data visualization.
- People-centric features by design.
- The visual board is the core of Monday.com Work OS.
- Multiple views such as Kanban board, calendar, timeline, Gantt chart, and more.
- Integrations with several tools and systems.
- With Monday.com, users can easily create project plans, set deadlines, assign tasks and resources, and track progress.
- The dashboard provides quick access to top-level metrics that are critical to have in decision-making processes.
Monday offers a range of pricing plans designed to meet the needs of individuals and organizations.
The Individual plan is free and suitable for individuals who want to manage their work. This plan includes three boards, unlimited docs, over 20 column types, and 200+ templates, along with iOS and Android apps for added convenience.
The Basic plan costs $8 per seat per month, is billed annually, and is ideal for teams. It includes all the features in the Individual plan, along with unlimited free viewers, unlimited items, 5GB file storage, prioritized customer support, and the ability to create a dashboard based on one board.
For those looking for more advanced features, the Standard plan costs $10 per seat per month, billed annually, and is the most popular plan. It includes all the features in the Basic plan, as well as a timeline and Gantt views, calendar views, and much more
Asana is a useful project management tool that helps teams handle various tasks. It comes with a user-friendly interface that’s easy to navigate. Unlike other project management solutions, Asana won’t overwhelm you with drop-down menus and buttons. Learning Asana may take some effort, but its flexibility and capabilities are worth it. This tool lets you create tasks, assign them to team members, and track progress. Asana also integrates with other tools like Slack, Trello, and Google Drive to streamline your workflow.
- Project and task management tools.
- Communication tools for team collaboration.
- Multiple ways to view work, including list, board, calendar, and timeline formats.
- Management and reporting tools for tracking progress and identifying areas for improvement.
- Easy app integration with popular services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Slack.
Asana offers four pricing tiers, including a free option for teams of up to 15 people.
The Premium plan costs $10.99 per user per month when billed annually or $13.49 per user per month when billed monthly.
The Business plan costs $24.99 per user per month when billed annually or $30.49 per user per month when billed monthly. For the Enterprise plan, interested parties must contact Asana directly.
The Premium plan includes all features of the free version, as well as additional features like a timeline, custom fields, and advanced search. The Business plan includes all features of the Premium plan, as well as features like portfolios, workload, and forms.
The Enterprise plan includes all features of the Business plan, plus SAML, SCIM, and priority support.
Frill is a customer feedback tool that can be used as an agile product management tool. It has a centralized feedback board where users can collect feedback. It also offers a roadmap for integrating ideas from customers, which can be shared publicly or kept private. Frill includes a change log for announcing product updates. The tool provides basic integrations for different apps but can become pricey when the number of ideas exceeds certain thresholds.
- Feedback Management: Collect customer feedback from various sources in one place and create a uniform data-gathering process for the team.
- Customization: Incorporate brand logo, fonts, and colors for a personalized touch.
- Board: Gather insights privately and publicly through a feedback board and limit access with privacy settings. Add custom fields like company type and monthly expenditure.
- Project Management: Sync with project management tools and see statuses in real-time for better productivity.
- Roadmapping: Create public and private roadmaps to track progress and plan future updates.
- Communication: Keep customers and stakeholders informed about product updates and new features. Schedule releases, close feedback threads, and add custom labels in the product changelog.
- Integrations: Leverage integrations with Slack, Intercom, Zapier, Jira, Trello, and HelpScout for seamless collaboration.
- Other Features: SSO, automated emails, translations, themes, feedback widget, roadmap widget, micro-roadmaps, create and upvote ideas on behalf.
Frill offers a free plan that excludes privacy and white labeling features but includes nearly all the core features.
However, the free plan is almost unusable for startups or small companies dealing with a lot of feedback due to the limit of 20 active ideas.
The basic package, Startup, costs $25/month but limits the number of active ideas to 50. To remove this limit, users can purchase an add-on for $25. To access privacy and other privacy features, users must pay an additional $25, bringing the total cost to $75.
White labeling is also available as an add-on for the Startup package, but it's very costly at $100 alone.
The premium package, Growth, costs $149 and includes unlimited ideas and all add-ons that are sold separately with the Startup package. If purchased separately, the add-ons would cost $175 in total.
Aha! Idea is a cloud-based tool that helps you with Agile product development. It allows you to define your vision, goals, and initiatives from customer needs and market insights. With Aha! Ideas, you can collect feedback from different sources and transform them into actionable plans. You can also prioritize features based on value and effort, create roadmaps for various audiences, and monitor progress across teams.
- Ideas portals: Collect ideas from different sources and enable users to submit, vote, and comment on them.
- In-app feedback widget: Capture ideas while customers are using your product.
- Custom scorecards: Assign scores to ideas based on your criteria such as value, effort, or risk.
- Custom fields: Add additional information to ideas such as tags, categories, or statuses.
- Custom workflows: Define the stages that ideas go through from submission to implementation.
- Empathy sessions: Invite users to share their feedback live via video or audio calls.
- Reports and charts: Visualize and analyze data from your ideas such as votes, comments, scores, or statuses.
- Product roadmaps: Link your ideas to your product strategy and show how they align with your goals and initiatives.
- Integrations: Connect your ideas with other tools such as Jira, Trello, GitHub, or Slack.
Aha! Ideas offer comprehensive idea management software that allows you to crowdsource feedback, engage your community, and analyze trends. The Essentials plan costs $39 per user per month and requires a minimum of 3 paid users. It includes unlimited portals for crowdsourcing feedback.
The Advanced plan costs $59 per user per month and also requires a minimum of 3 paid users. This plan includes everything in Essentials as well as advanced analytics, custom fields, integrations, and more.
Aha! Roadmaps is a complete product management suite that comes with Ideas Essentials for crowdsourcing feedback. The Starter plan costs $59 per user per month, while the Premium plan costs $99 per user per month. The Enterprise plan costs $124 per user per month, and the Enterprise+ plan costs $149 per user per month.
Trello is an online list-making tool that uses a Kanban-style layout to help teams collaborate on projects. It allows you to track, manage, and complete tasks, and bring everything together like a puzzle. With Trello, everyone can see the status of tasks as they move across lists to completion. The tool also offers Power-Ups that enable you to organize essential information from various apps. Trello is an excellent way for teams to work together on any project.
- Easy, drag-and-drop editing for cards.
- In-line editing directly on the board.
- Labeling, tags, and comments for easy organization.
- Progress meter checklist for tracking task/project progress.
- Card records archive for archiving cards is no longer needed.
- Easy upload from local devices or cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box.
Trello provides a free plan and three paid plans: Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. The Standard plan is priced at $5 per user per month if billed annually, and it comes with unlimited boards, advanced checklists, custom fields, unlimited storage (250MB/file), 1,000 Workspace command runs per month, single board guests, and saved searches.
The premium plan costs $10 per user per month if billed annually and includes everything in the Standard plan, plus unlimited power-ups, a calendar view, a map view, a timeline view, voting, and 2FA.
For the Enterprise plan, the cost is $17.50 per user per month if billed annually, and it includes everything in the Premium plan, plus SSO, domain-restricted invites, file encryption, and more.
Craft.io is a product management platform with multiple roadmap formats that can be customized to fit specific audience needs. The platform includes a dynamic roadmap tool that helps product managers communicate their plans and make better product decisions.
- Strategy: Helps teams define their product vision and goals, aligning product strategy with business goals and customer needs.
- Feedback: Allows teams to collect feedback from customers and stakeholders, categorize and prioritize feedback, and track it over time to ensure customer needs are met.
- Feature Definition: Helps teams define and manage product features, create feature cards, define requirements, and manage feature status to stay organized and focused.
- Prioritization: Allows teams to prioritize features based on business value and customer needs, scoring features and making data-driven decisions about which features to build next.
- Capacity Planning: Helps teams manage resources and plan sprints, estimating feature effort, plan sprints, and manage team capacity to ensure on-time, within-budget delivery.
- Roadmap: Allows teams to visualize their product roadmap, define roadmap items, and share it with stakeholders to stay aligned and work towards the same goals.
- Execution: Helps teams manage the development process and track progress, creating tasks, tracking progress, and managing releases to deliver high-quality products.
Craft.io has three pricing plans to choose from Essential, Pro, and Enterprise.
The Essential plan, which is available for a monthly billing cycle, costs $49 per user. However, if you opt for an annual billing cycle, you can save some money as the monthly cost comes down to $39 per user.
The Pro plan is priced at $89/user/month when billed monthly. However, if you opt for an annual billing cycle, you can save some money as the monthly cost comes down to $69 per user.
The Enterprise plan offers custom pricing. It includes additional features such as custom integrations, dedicated support, and more. For more pricing information, you can visit Craft.io's website.
ProductPlan is a reliable platform that assists in building a winning strategy for agile product development. It provides a comprehensive view of the product strategy that drives real business outcomes. ProductPlan is suitable for growing and large teams and trusted by top companies globally. It includes unlimited roadmaps, advanced security features, and integration with JIRA to keep the team in sync.
- Collaboration: Easily collaborate, share, and transfer roadmaps between users to ensure everyone is working towards the same goals.
- Security: SOC 2 certification and advanced security features protect team data.
- Unlimited Viewers: Unlimited free viewer accounts allow stakeholders to view and provide feedback on roadmaps.
- Sync Objectives: Automate data flow between project management platforms and roadmaps to stay aligned with stakeholders.
- Embed Your Product Strategy: Embed product strategy wherever stakeholders work to keep everyone aligned towards the same goals.
ProductPlan offers three pricing plans: Basic, Professional, and Enterprise.
The Basic plan costs $39 per editor per month when billed annually and comes with unlimited roadmaps and unlimited viewers.
The Professional plan costs $69 per editor per month and offers additional features that include custom fields, custom branding, and more.
The Enterprise plan has custom pricing and offers additional features such as dedicated support and custom security. For more information, please visit their website.
Jira is a project management tool developed in 2002 for software developers. Jira helps teams to centralize their tasks, bugs, and other issues, and it's often used by software development teams for planning, tracking, and releasing software projects. Developed by Atlassian, Jira is a proprietary issue-tracking tool that allows for bug tracking and agile project management.
- JIRA Software provides agile boards to help teams manage complex projects and ship faster.
- Supports any agile project management methodology for software development.
- Provides good features, security, privacy, and tools for every step of the journey.
- Allows scaling across teams with JIRA Software Premium.
- Free forever for teams up to 10.
- Customizable workflows to manage work more effectively.
- Advanced reporting to track progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Integrates with other tools such as Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo.
- Mobile app to manage work on the go.
JIRA’s pricing is based on a “per-user-model”, meaning that the cost will depend on the number of team members added to the platform.
For Jira Core, the price starts at $5 per user per month when billed monthly, or $500 per year when billed annually.
For Jira Cloud, the pricing starts from $7.75 per user per month on a monthly rolling plan. There is also a free tier available.
Also, there are Premium and Enterprise plans priced at $15.25 per user per month and quoted on request, respectively.
Jira Data Center has a starting price of $42,000 per year and does not offer a monthly subscription option.
After exploring various agile product management tools in the market, it's easy to understand that FeedBear is one of the best options available. The tool offers a combination of affordability, functionality, and ease of use that's hard to match.
One of the standout features of FeedBear is its centralized idea board, public roadmap, and changelog, which are all customizable and user-friendly. The tool’s modern design and the ability to engage with customers make it an excellent choice for agile product development.
While there are other options available, FeedBear’s affordability and functionality make it a great starting point for businesses looking to collaborate with their customers and develop the right features. So, if you’re looking for a VoC tool that offers value for money, FeedBear is worth considering.