Every business strives to provide the best customer experience, but no matter how hard they try, customer complaints are inevitable. Complaints can be an opportunity for your business to improve, but if not handled properly, it can hurt your reputation.
That's why complaint management is important for any business. Complaint management is the process of identifying, addressing, and resolving customer complaints on time. It is an essential part of customer feedback as it helps businesses to collect feedback, address customer concerns, and improve their products or services.
In this article, we will discuss complaint management, its benefits and tools, and how businesses can implement effective complaint management systems to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
What are Complaint Management Tools?
In simple terms, complaint management tools refer to the software and systems used by businesses to collect, organize, and respond to customer feedback and complaints. These tools help businesses to manage and improve their customer service by addressing customer concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
Why are Complaint Management Tools important?
- Improve customer satisfaction: These tools help businesses to address customer concerns quickly and effectively, which can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Identify areas for improvement: By collecting and analyzing customer feedback, businesses can identify areas for improvement in their products, services, and processes.
- Reduce customer churn: By resolving customer complaints promptly, businesses can reduce the likelihood of customers switching to competitors.
- Enhance brand reputation: Effective complaint management can help businesses to build a positive reputation among customers and improve their brand image.
How to Select the Right Complaint Management Tool
When it comes to selecting a tool for handling customer complaints, there are a few factors to consider that can help you make the right decision:
- Features: Look for a tool that has features that align with your needs. For example, if you need to track customer feedback, make sure the tool has a feedback management feature.
- Pricing: Consider your budget and look for a tool that fits within it. Be sure to also factor in any additional costs, such as implementation or training fees.
- User-friendliness: Choose a tool that is easy to use and understand. This will save time and minimize frustration for both you and your team.
- Customer support: Make sure the tool offers reliable customer support in case you run into any issues or have questions.
- Scalability: Consider the future growth of your business and choose a tool that can scale with it.
List of Top 10 Complaint Management Tools
We have done our due diligence and conducted thorough research to bring you the best tools you can use to manage complaints. Our carefully selected list includes the most effective and user-friendly tools that can help you effectively handle customer complaints. Stay tuned for the list of our top 10 picks!
Introducing FeedBear: The Best Tool for Managing Customer Complaints
If you’re looking for an awesome tool to handle all those customer complaints? Well, look no further than FeedBear. It's the ultimate solution that will simplify how you manage and take action on customer feedback.
At FeedBear, we understand that a smooth and efficient customer feedback process is crucial. That's why we've created a tool that's not only super easy to use but also packed with powerful features. With FeedBear, your team can effortlessly collect, analyze, and act on valuable customer insights, making your product better and keeping your customers happy.
Why FeedBear is the Best Tool for Managing Customer Complaints
1. Centralized Complaint Collection
Gathering complaints has never been easier! With FeedBear, you can create centralized idea boards where customers can share their ideas, requests, and bug reports. Enable comments and voting to encourage collaboration and prioritize the most important changes.
2. Effective Customer Collaboration
FeedBear is your hub for seamless collaboration with your customers. Share your roadmap, listen to their feedback, and create a sense of community. Drive discussions to uncover the real problems and needs your customers have, so you can make informed decisions. Visualize your roadmap in a clear and easy-to-understand way. Keep track of tasks and progress, ensuring your team is aligned and your customers are updated. With FeedBear, you're in control of the development process.
3. Built-in Changelog
Keep your customers in the loop with FeedBear's built-in changelog feature. Let them know about new features and updates, and make sure they're excited about your product. By involving customers in the process, you'll increase satisfaction and retention rates.
4. Easy Integration
FeedBear seamlessly integrates with popular tools like Trello, Jira, Intercom, Slack, and Zapier. No need to disrupt your workflow; you can incorporate FeedBear effortlessly and enjoy smooth collaboration.
5. Simple and Customizable Design
FeedBear prioritizes simplicity. Our tool offers a user-friendly interface that's easy to navigate, even for beginners. Customize the design to match your brand and embed your roadmap wherever you need it.
6. Affordable Pricing
Forget about complicated pricing! FeedBear offers straightforward plans for teams of all sizes. Our Startup plan starts at just $49 per month for up to 3 team members, while our Business plan accommodates larger teams starting at $99 per month. Get incredible value for your investment.
To make things simple:
- A centralized idea board
- A customizable public roadmap
- A changelog all in one place
- Modern design
- User-friendly interface
- Ability to close the loop with customers
Ready to take charge of customer complaints and boost your product? Join the FeedBear revolution today!
Chisel Labs is a good complaint management tool for product managers. It enables them to create roadmaps, build team alignment, and collect customer feedback. The app also lets product managers easily survey customers using the audience panel, making it useful for validating user needs and receiving post-launch feedback. With Chisel Labs, product managers can build direct connections with customers and address their complaints effectively.
- Free roadmap tool for product managers
- TreeView breaks down product ideas into epics and stories
- Driver values for prioritizing feature requests
- Team Radar for driving alignment across the organization
- Inclusion of team members in prioritization and decision-making with Team Radar
- Identification of priority alignment or divergence across the team with Team Radar
- Proactive management of disagreements with Team Radar
- Idea Box for collecting customer feedback
- Building deep direct customer connections with Idea Box
Chisel offers three packages: Essential, Premium, and Enterprise. The Essential package is free and comprises prioritization features, unlimited product/project roadmaps, and customer surveys, with 100 free responses. The Premium package costs $49 per month and includes all the Essential features and more customer surveys, onboarding/training, priority support, integrations, and a dedicated customer success manager. The Enterprise package is ideal for larger companies and includes all Premium features and more, with pricing available upon contacting the sales team.
Nolt is a tool that enables tech startups to manage feedback in a centralized location. It comes with a feedback board to collect and prioritize feedback, create a roadmap, and provide automatic updates. While it is designed with a minimal aesthetic, it may not be the best fit for long-term feedback management as teams scale. It's flat pricing per board makes it compatible with simple teams and easy processes.
- Nolt offers minimal feedback boards to collect and organize user feedback such as feature requests and bug reports.
- The Roadmap feature allows you to share a roadmap with customers to communicate your prioritization.
- Native integrations are available for popular apps like JIRA, Trello, Slack, and Discord.
- You can set up webhooks to notify your application about any major events you're interested in.
- Users can vote on features and ideas for validation.
- Other common features include SSO, merging similar requests, voting on behalf of your users, custom branding, custom fields, private boards, and more.
Nolt offers a flat pricing of $25 per board/project, which is ideal for startups working on a single project. However, if you have an established team or multiple products in your portfolio, the price can become steep if you maintain more than one board.
For instance, if you want to keep separate boards for feature requests and bug reports for two products, you would require four boards, and the price would reach $100 per month.
Frill is a tool that allows users to collect feedback in one place. It has a similar structure to other tools in this category. Users can integrate customer ideas through a roadmap, which can be shared publicly or kept private. Frill also includes change logs to announce product updates and close the feedback loop. Users can comment, upvote and view ideas and feedback submitted by others. It's a simple tool that product teams can use to involve customers in their product-building process. It provides basic integrations for different apps but may become expensive as the number of ideas increases.
- Collect feedback from multiple sources and centralize it
- Create a uniform data-gathering process for the entire team
- Ensure important reviews stay on top
- Enhance readability by formatting posts
- Incorporate brand logo, fonts, and colors for customization
- Gather insights privately and publicly through the feedback board
- Limit access to boards by selecting privacy settings
- Add custom fields like company type and monthly expenditure
- Sync with project management tools and see statuses in real time
- Create public and private roadmaps for road mapping
- Keep customers and stakeholders in the loop about product updates and new features
- Schedule releases, close feedback threads and add custom labels in the product changelog for communication
- Leverage integrations with Slack, Intercom, Zapier, Jira, Trello, and HelpScout for integrations
- Other features include SSO, automated emails, translations, themes, feedback widgets, roadmap widgets, micro-roadmaps, and creating and upvoting ideas on behalf
The Startup plan costs $25 per month and provides core features with limitations. It allows a maximum of 50 active ideas, and there is an additional $25 add-on cost to remove this limit. To access privacy features, an additional $25 is required, bringing the total price to $75 per month. If you wish to add white labeling, it will cost $100 on top of the Startup plan.
The most premium package, Growth, costs $149 per month, and it includes all add-ons available separately in the Startup plan. With the Growth package, you get unlimited active ideas, privacy features, and white labeling, which would cost a total of $175 if purchased separately on the Startup plan.
Brightidea is software for managing complaints and improving innovation in teams. It enables you to collect ideas from various sources such as web portals, mobile apps, email campaigns, paper forms, or voice skills. This software also helps evaluate and prioritize ideas using custom criteria, facilitating collaborative solutions, and tracking outcomes. It is an ideal solution for managing complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Idea Management: Collect and organize ideas using idea boards, filters, and tags. Launch targeted idea campaigns with defined scope, problem statement, evaluation criteria, and rewards.
- Project Management: Create and manage innovation projects with clear goals, timelines, budgets, and deliverables. Assign roles and responsibilities and track progress and performance.
- Feedback Collection: Collect feedback from customers, employees, partners, etc., using surveys, forums, commenting, and ranking features. Engage the audience and gather insights.
- Idea Sources: Source ideas from internal and external sources using idea campaigns, suggestion boxes, hackathons, incubator programs, etc.
- Integration: Integrate with various tools and platforms, such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Jira, Zapier, etc., to streamline the innovation workflow and data.
- Analytics: Measure the impact of innovation initiatives on various metrics, such as ROI, engagement, participation, quality, diversity, etc. Generate reports, dashboards, insights, etc., to share results with stakeholders or improve future strategies.
Brightidea.com does not provide public pricing details. To receive a personalized quote based on your specific needs, you must contact them directly. Users have reported that the starting price for a flat-rate plan is around $59 per month.
Praxie's software helps businesses manage their innovation processes by collecting and managing ideas, collaborating with team members, and tracking progress. The platform is customizable, which allows businesses to tailor it to their specific needs. Praxie works with its customers to launch new products and quickly finds solutions to unexpected problems.
- Online software tools, templates, and business process apps to help teams collaborate more effectively
- Interactive software apps created by industry experts, book authors, and consultants
- Flexible Innovation Command Center software platform to manage the innovation process
- Assign and engage individuals and teams as owners of specific opportunities, metrics, and process steps
- Internal data linking features to share data across apps and processes for better visualization
- Share data as inputs or output of a process or summarize progress through shared dashboards
Praxie is a web platform that provides business process apps and interactive online templates. It also offers a library of business best practices from management experts, book authors, and consultants. The company is based in San Francisco and provides a free trial, but does not offer a free or freemium version.
Praxie has three pricing plans: Pro, Instant Business Processes, and Everything in Pro. The Pro plan costs $9.95 per user per month when billed annually and $14.95 per user per month when billed monthly. The Instant Business Processes plan costs $24.95 per user per month when billed annually and $39.95 per user per month when billed monthly. The Everything in Pro plan costs $49.95 per user per month when billed annually and $79.95 per user per month when billed monthly.
Crowdicity is a cloud-based tool that helps organizations gather and act on ideas and feedback from employees, customers, and other stakeholders. Social features like voting, commenting, and gamification, makes collaborating across teams, locations, and time zones easier. Crowdicity is a decent tool for any organization that wants to encourage innovation and engagement and solve business problems with input from their communities.
- Challenges management: Create and launch challenges easily and flexibly, target user participation, refine ideas through systematic stage gates, and automate idea progression.
- Idea management: Capture, categorize, and prioritize ideas using various criteria such as votes, comments, ratings, or tags. Collaborate on ideas with others using familiar social tools.
- Analytics tools: Measure and monitor challenge and idea performance using metrics such as engagement, diversity, impact, or innovation. Generate reports and insights to inform decision-making.
- Mobile engagement: Access Crowdicity from any device using a web browser or native app. Receive notifications and updates on challenges and ideas via email or push messages.
- Access control: Control who can access your Crowdicity platform by inviting users individually or using single sign-on (SSO) or LDAP integration. Assign different roles and permissions to users based on their level of involvement.
- Email integration: Integrate Crowdicity with your email provider, such as Gmail or Outlook, to send and receive emails from your Crowdicity platform. Customize email templates and branding to match your organization’s identity.
- Custom landing pages and user interface: Create custom landing pages for challenges and ideas to attract and engage users. Customize the look and feel of your Crowdicity platform using themes, colors, logos, and images.
Crowdicity doesn't disclose its pricing publicly on its website. However, according to some third-party sources, Crowdicity offers three pricing plans:
The Starter plan is great for small teams or projects that want to test Crowdicity's features. It comes with up to 100 users, 1 challenge, basic analytics, and support. The plan costs $99 per month or $999 per year.
The Professional plan is perfect for medium-sized organizations or departments that want to run multiple challenges and engage more users. It includes up to 1000 users, 5 challenges, advanced analytics, and support. This plan costs $499 per month or $4999 per year.
The Enterprise plan is ideal for large organizations or networks that want to run unlimited challenges and engage unlimited users. It includes custom features, integrations, analytics, and support. The pricing for this plan is available upon request.
Viima is a user-friendly innovation platform that enables businesses to collect and develop ideas from their staff or customers, making it an efficient complaint management tool. It is adaptable to various processes such as stage-gate, hackathons, and lean startups, and is used by organizations in a wide range of industries regardless of size. Viima is capable of addressing issues like siloed communication, low innovation culture, and lack of transparency by prioritizing ideas based on various criteria and tracking their progress. It also provides an efficient feedback loop for businesses to address customer complaints and concerns.
- Idea submission: Users can submit their ideas through the web, mobile, email, or Microsoft Teams. They can also comment, vote and collaborate with others.
- Idea ranking: Viima uses a unique algorithm to rank ideas based on popularity, feasibility, and impact. Users can also customize their ranking criteria and filters.
- Campaign management: Users can create and manage different types of campaigns for specific goals or challenges. They can set deadlines, rewards, and feedback mechanisms for each campaign.
- Gamification tools: Viima uses points, badges, and leaderboards to motivate and engage users in the innovation process.
- Reporting and analytics: Viima provides various reports and dashboards to help users monitor and measure the performance of their ideas and campaigns. They can export data to other tools for further analysis.
Viima offers different pricing plans depending on the number of users and features you need. Their plans include:
Free Plan: This plan is perfect for teams just starting with innovation. It allows up to 10 users and 1 board. It includes self-service support and basic features such as idea submission, voting, commenting, and ranking.
Basic Plan: Small teams who want more flexibility and control can opt for this plan. It allows up to 50 users and 3 boards. This plan has email support and additional features such as custom fields, filters, categories, and integrations. It costs $39 per month.
Unlimited Plan: Larger organizations looking for unlimited access to all features and users can choose this plan. It allows total users and boards. This plan includes priority support and advanced features such as campaigns, analytics, gamification, SSO, and API. It costs $1799 per month.
All plans come with a 7-day free trial of the Unlimited Plan. For enterprise-level needs, you can request a custom quote.
Idea Note is a helpful web-based tool for organizations to manage complaints better. The software aids in collecting, developing, prioritizing, and acting on complaints. It enables users to create compliant campaigns, invite participants, evaluates and rank the complaints, and track their progress. Idea Note is suitable for any organization looking to improve its complaint management, engage its employees or customers, and address business challenges with creative solutions.
- Collaboration: Work together with team members and stakeholders in real time.
- Discussion Threads: Add comments, feedback, and suggestions to an idea discussion thread.
- Engagement Monitoring: Track the engagement of team members and stakeholders.
- Evaluation Workflow: Evaluate ideas based on criteria and score them.
- Feedback Management: Manage feedback from team members and stakeholders in one place.
- Gamification: Gamify the ideation process with challenges, rewards, and badges.
- Idea Ranking: Rank ideas based on their potential impact to prioritize and focus on the most impactful ones.
- Ideation/Crowdsourcing: Crowdsource ideas from team members and stakeholders by setting up challenges and inviting submissions.
- Idea Campaigns: Create and launch different types of idea campaigns with customized settings.
- Idea Boards: Organize and visualize ideas on interactive boards with filtering and sorting options.
- Idea Evaluation: Evaluate ideas using various methods and assign reviewers or experts for feedback.
- Idea Execution: Turn ideas into actionable projects with clear goals and milestones. Track progress and impact with metrics and reports.
- Idea Templates: Use ready-made templates or create your own for different types of ideas.
- Idea Collaboration: Invite and engage team members and stakeholders to collaborate on idea campaigns.
- Idea Analytics: Measure and analyze the performance and impact of ideas and projects.
The Free plan is ideal for small teams with 10 members or fewer who want to manage and automate their ideas. It includes unlimited guests and all features to collect, engage, and manage ideas.
The Business plan starts at $49 per month for 15 members and can accommodate up to 2,500 members. This plan is perfect for larger teams or organizations that want to run multiple idea campaigns and projects. It includes everything in the Free plan, as well as advanced features like custom branding, integrations, analytics, and support.
The Enterprise plan is designed for larger organizations that require a customized solution for their innovation needs. It includes everything in the Business plan, along with dedicated account management, custom development, security, and compliance.
Aha! Ideas is a cloud-based software that assists in setting strategy, capturing feedback, prioritizing features, and creating visual roadmaps for businesses. With Aha! Ideas, you can define your vision, goals, and initiatives by analyzing customer needs and market insights. The tool enables you to collect feedback from different sources and convert them into actionable plans. Also, you can prioritize features based on value and effort and create roadmaps suitable for different audiences. Aha! Ideas also allow you to track progress across teams.
- Ideas portals for collecting ideas from different sources and enabling users to submit, vote, and comment on them
- In-app feedback widget for capturing ideas while customers are using your product
- Custom scorecards for assigning scores to ideas based on your criteria such as value, effort, or risk
- Custom fields for adding additional information to ideas such as tags, categories, or statuses
- Custom workflows for defining the stages that ideas go through from submission to implementation
- Empathy sessions for inviting users to share their feedback live via video or audio calls
- Reports and charts for visualizing and analyzing data from ideas such as votes, comments, scores, or statuses
- Product roadmaps for linking ideas to your product strategy and showing how they align with your goals and initiatives
- Integrations for connecting ideas with other tools such as Jira, Trello, GitHub, or Slack
Aha! Ideas offer comprehensive idea management software that provides crowdsourced feedback, community engagement, and trend analysis.
The Essentials plan starts at $39 per user per month, with a minimum of 3 paid users, and provides unlimited portals for crowdsourcing feedback. For more advanced features, the Advanced plan is available at $59 per user per month, which includes everything in the Essentials plan plus advanced analytics, custom fields, integrations, and more.
Aha! Roadmaps, which is a complete product management suite that includes Ideas Essentials for crowdsourcing feedback, has a Starter plan priced at $59 per user per month. The Premium plan is available at $99 per user per month, while the Enterprise plan costs $124 per user per month. The Enterprise+ plan is priced at $149 per user per month. Additionally, you can upgrade your Roadmaps account to include Ideas Advanced for an extra cost.
After reviewing several feedback tools in the market, it's safe to say that FeedBear is a solid option for businesses looking for a smart complaint management and collection system. It offers a centralized idea board, a customizable public roadmap, and a changelog all in one place. Also, its modern design and ability to close the loop with customers make it a user-friendly option.
While there are other options out there, FeedBear stands out for its affordability and ease of use. It's a great choice for businesses looking to collaborate with customers and prioritize building the right features without breaking the bank.
Overall, FeedBear is a solid feedback tool that can help businesses streamline their feedback collection and prioritize feature development. While it may not be the best complaint management tool out there, it's an affordable and effective option for businesses looking to collaborate with their customers.