Product development is a continuous process that involves taking feedback from customers and improving your product accordingly. However, it can be a complicated task to keep track of all the feedback and analyze it properly. This is where feedback analysis tools come in handy, helping product teams better understand customer needs and make data-driven decisions.
There are several feedback analysis tools available in the market, each with its own set of features and pricing models. Today we will discuss in detail the feedback analysis process that's the most important step in innovation, and tools that you can use to collect and analyze feedback effectively.
What is a Feedback Analysis Process?
A feedback analysis process is a structured approach to collecting, analyzing, and acting on feedback from customers, employees, or other stakeholders. It typically involves several stages, starting from:
- Collection: Gathering feedback through surveys, feedback tracking tools, focus groups, interviews, or other methods.
- Analysis: Organizing and categorizing the feedback to identify common themes, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Prioritization: Determining which issues are most important to address based on factors such as impact, frequency, and feasibility.
- Action: Developing and then implementing plans to address the issues identified during the feedback analysis. It may involve changes to products, services, processes, or communication strategies.
- Evaluation: Monitoring the effectiveness of the actions taken and seeking further feedback to determine whether the issues have been resolved or additional improvements are needed.
Analyzing feedback is a continuous cycle of improvement, as companies use feedback and opinions to identify areas for improvement, make changes, and seek more feedback to evaluate if those changes were effective.
How to Select the Right Feedback Analysis Tool
When selecting a tool to start analyzing your feedback in a structured way, it's important to consider a few key factors:
- Features: Look for a tool that has the features you need, such as sentiment analysis, customizable surveys, and real-time reporting.
- Pricing: Consider your budget and look for a tool that offers a pricing plan that fits within it.
- User-friendliness: The tool should be easy to use and navigate, with a clear and intuitive interface.
- Integration: If you're already using other tools, make sure the feedback tracking and analysis tool can integrate with them seamlessly.
- Customer support: Look for a tool that offers excellent customer support, with quick response times and helpful resources.
List of Top 10 Feedback Analysis Tools
We have conducted extensive research to bring you this list of the top 10 tools that will help you track, analyze, and improve your product using customer feedback.
We have carefully selected each tool based on its features, pricing, and ease of use.
FeedBear: A Modern, Minimal, and Capable Feedback Track and Analysis Tool
FeedBear is an affordable and modern feedback tracking and analysis tool designed to help teams efficiently manage their software development lifecycle. Our platform offers a fast and easy-to-use tool that promotes team organization, effective collaboration, and customer engagement.
The core idea behind FeedBear is to create a powerful yet simple idea management and feedback-tracking tool. Unlike many alternatives, our tool is not bloated with unnecessary features and settings, making it easy to learn and set up in just a few minutes.
On top of simplifying the user experience, FeedBear also aims to reduce the workload for product teams. Our goal is to save time whenever possible.
FeedBear lets you make as many centralized idea boards as you want for feedback, ideas, and requests (including bug reports). It brings together feedback from your team and customers. People can comment and vote on ideas, and you can choose to keep it private or public. If someone tries to post an idea that's similar to one that already exists, FeedBear will suggest they add to the existing idea instead.
This helps make sure you don't have duplicates. FeedBear helps you make sure your product meets your customers' needs, which makes them happier and less likely to leave. It also helps your product, support, and customer success teams work together to improve the product. You can merge, edit, move, and delete ideas, so your team has control.
Visual Product Roadmap
FeedBear enables easy creation and management of a visual Kanban-style product roadmaps. Customizable columns and statuses give you complete control over communication.
Tracking of planned, in-progress, and completed tasks ensures team alignment towards common goals and simplifies progress communication with customers.
Engage Your Customers
Track and analyze feedback from your customers to show them that you're listening and improve their loyalty. Build a sense of community and prevent customer churn by addressing their problems and needs. Use comments and discussions to dig deeper into customer feedback and understand their real concerns
Announce New Features and Releases
Use a built-in changelog to tell customers about new features and releases. This will get them excited and make sure they use the new stuff, which will keep them happy and coming back.
Integrate with Your Favorite Tools
Integrate easily with tools like Trello, Jira, Intercom, Slack, and Zapier. Make sure your workflow runs smoothly with FeedBear.
Simple and Customizable Design
Start easily with a simple and customizable design that doesn't require much learning.
Share your roadmap on your website, application, or domain.
FeedBear has affordable pricing plans that cover your whole team. The Startup plan is $49/month for 3 team members, and the Business plan starts at $99/month for unlimited team members. You get lots of features and benefits, including all integrations, at a great price.
FeedBear simplifies the process of gathering and analyzing feedback with its user-friendly and intuitive interface. Its sleek and innovative design ensures effortless setup and operation. Discover what FeedBear can do for you firsthand by giving it a try today. It's free to set up and use for 14 days!
Savio is a tool that provides a centralized platform for tracking and analyzing customer feedback. The platform helps to track feature requests, centralize all requests, and integrates with multiple platforms. Savio connects to all the major customer support and communication platforms and gives a list view of every feedback and vote. It's the central hub of feedback for customer support, customer success, and sales teams. Savio features a change log that allows for the closing of the feedback loop for feature requests and bugs.
- Feedback Management: Collect feedback from various sources in the form of submitted tickets. Admins can view all feedback in a list view.
- Feedback Integrations: Comes with integrations for popular tools like Slack, Salesforce, and JIRA for feedback collection.
- Idea Management: Share ideas with the community for validation through a voting board.
- Product Roadmapping: Create roadmaps based on parameters like most voted requests or feature requests sorted by MRR.
- Release Planning: Send personalized emails for each feature shipped to reach out to everyone who requested the feature.
Small and medium-sized businesses can use the software for $49 per month. This includes three admins and is only for one product.
The Growth package costs $99 per month and allows for ten internal users. It can only be used for one product, and integrates with Zendesk and Hubspot.
The Scaling package costs $299 and has an unlimited plan. There's no limit on users or projects. It integrates with Salesforce, making it a good choice for companies with different needs.
Hellonext is a customer feedback tool with capabilities similar to other popular tools in its category. It offers a centralized feedback board for collecting feedback in one place and a roadmap feature for integrating customer ideas, which can be shared publicly or kept private based on your requirements. Also, Hellonext includes a change log function to notify customers of product updates and keep them informed. Users can view, comment, and upvote feedback and ideas from other customers. The platform also provides a knowledge base feature to improve self-service.
- Feedback Boards: A centralized platform for user feedback, available for both private and public use.
- Product Roadmap: A product roadmap built on top of user feedback, allowing for transparency and communication between teams and users.
- Changelog: In-app announcements for new product updates, keeping users informed and engaged.
- Knowledge Base: A help center to assist users and teams in learning how to use features effectively.
- Analytics: Utilizing user feedback for insights into what features to build next and how to improve the overall user experience.
- Editor and Text Composer: A capable editor and text composer with features such as @mention, copy/pasting images, post tagging, and automatic styling.
- Customizations: Customizable options for favicons, links, brand colors, email notifications, and more.
- Webhooks Support: Support for webhooks to enable seamless integration with other apps.
- Integrations: Comes with integrations for JIRA, Slack, Zendesk, Clickup, Zapier, Azure, Linear, Fullstory, Fathom Analytics, G.A, and many more apps.
Hellonext offers a freemium account with some limitations such as a non-customizable roadmap, only 2 feedback boards, a single integration, and no ability to set up a custom domain.
The Take Flight package costs $49/month and includes features such as 3 admins, 10 feedback boards, a customizable roadmap, changelog scheduling, and 3 integrations.
The Fly High package costs $99 and provides unlimited integrations.
The Enterprise package is customized for specific enterprise-level clients and provides features such as custom reporting schedules, extended APIs, bespoke onboarding, and product activation. Pricing for this package is discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Nolt is a feedback tracking and analysis tool designed for tech startups. It provides a centralized location for collecting input from customers and employees and comes with a feedback board for prioritizing feedback, creating a roadmap, and receiving automatic updates.
- Nolt offers minimal feedback boards for collecting and organizing user feedback such as feature requests and bug reports.
- The platform allows for sharing a roadmap to communicate priorities with customers.
- Native integrations with common apps like JIRA, Trello, Slack & Discord are available.
- Webhooks can be set up to notify your application about major events of interest.
- Users can vote on features and ideas for validation.
- Other common features include SSO, merging similar requests, voting on behalf of users, custom branding, custom fields, private boards, and more.
Nolt offers a flat pricing rate of $25 per board or project, which is ideal for new startups working on a single project. However, for established companies with multiple products in their portfolio or larger teams, the pricing can become steep. Even if you choose to maintain more than one board, the price will significantly increase.
Frill is a customer feedback tool that operates similarly to other tools in the same category. It allows users to collect feedback on a central board and offers a roadmap for integrating customer ideas, which can be shared publicly or kept private. Frill also provides a change log to announce product updates and close the feedback loop.
Users can see, comment on, and upvote feedback from other users. The platform is designed for product teams to involve customers in the product-building process and comes with basic integrations for various apps. However, it can become expensive when the number of ideas exceeds certain thresholds.
- Feedback Management: Collect customer feedback from multiple sources in one place and create a uniform data-gathering process for the team.
- Priority Management: Ensure important reviews stay on top and enhance readability by formatting posts.
- Customization: Incorporate brand logo, fonts, and colors to match the company's identity.
- Feedback Board: Gather insights privately and publicly through a feedback board with custom fields like company type and monthly expenditure. Limit access to boards by selecting privacy settings.
- Project Management: Sync with project management tools and see statuses in real-time.
- Roadmapping: Create public and private roadmaps to keep customers and stakeholders in the loop about product updates and new features.
- Communication: Schedule releases, close feedback threads, and add custom labels in the product changelog to keep customers and stakeholders informed.
- Integrations: Leverage integrations with Slack, Intercom, Zapier, Jira, Trello, and HelpScout.
- Other Features: SSO, Automated emails, translations, themes, feedback widget, roadmap widget, micro-roadmaps, create and upvote ideas on behalf.
Frill offers a free plan that has almost all the core features, except for privacy and white labeling. However, the free plan has a limit of 20 active ideas.
Their basic package is the Startup plan which costs $25/Month. This package also has a limit of 50 active ideas, and to remove this limit, an add-on of $25 is charged. If you want to make your boards private and utilize other privacy features, you will have to pay an additional $25, raising the price to $75.
Frill also offers an add-on for white labeling for an additional $100.
Their most premium package is Growth, which costs $149. This package has no limits and includes all the add-ons that you can buy separately.
Aha! Ideas is a cloud-based software that allows you to collect feedback from multiple sources and use it to create actionable strategies. With Aha! Ideas, you can prioritize features based on their value and effort, create visual roadmaps for different audiences, and track progress across teams. By utilizing Aha! Ideas, you can capture feedback and turn it into actionable plans, making it a good option for feedback tracking and analysis for businesses.
- Ideas portals: online spaces to collect ideas from various sources and enable users to submit, vote, and comment on them.
- In-app feedback widget: a tool to capture ideas while customers use your product.
- Custom scorecards: a way to assign scores to ideas based on your criteria like value, effort, or risk.
- Custom fields: a way to add extra information to ideas such as tags, categories, or statuses.
- Custom workflows: a way to define the stages that ideas go through from submission to implementation.
- Empathy sessions: a way to invite users to share their feedback live via video or audio calls.
- Reports and charts: a way to visualize and analyze data from ideas like votes, comments, scores, or statuses.
- Product roadmaps: a way to link ideas to your product strategy and show how they align with your goals and initiatives.
- Integrations: a way to connect ideas with other tools like Jira, Trello, GitHub, or Slack.
Aha! Ideas offer an idea management software that enables you to crowdsource feedback, engage your community, and analyze trends. The software provides two pricing plans: The essentials plan and the Advanced plan.
The Essentials plan costs $39 per user per month and requires a minimum of three paid users. The plan includes unlimited portals for crowdsourcing feedback.
The Advanced plan costs $59 per user per month and requires a minimum of three paid users. It offers everything in the Essentials plan plus advanced analytics, custom fields, integrations, and more.
Aha! Roadmaps is a product management suite that includes Ideas Essentials for crowdsourcing feedback. The suite comes with four pricing plans: Starter, Premium, Enterprise, and Enterprise+.
The Starter plan costs $59 per user per month, while the Premium plan costs $99 per user per month. The Enterprise plan costs $124 per user per month, and the Enterprise+ plan costs $149 per user per month.
You can also upgrade your Roadmaps account to include Ideas Advanced for an additional cost.
ProdPad is a feedback tracking and analysis tool that helps businesses manage their product roadmap, ideas, and feedback. It allows teams to work together and create exceptional products by providing a single source of truth. ProdPad's product roadmap aids in sharing upcoming projects and business direction.
- Roadmaps: Manage your roadmap, ideas, and feedback in one platform. Create and manage product roadmaps, collect and prioritize ideas, and manage feedback.
- Integration with Popular Tools: Integrates with over 1000 apps and platforms, including Slack, Jira, and AzureDevops. Use these integrations to streamline workflow and ensure team efficiency.
- Product Requirements Document (PRD) Template: Provides a PRD template to explain the purpose, requirements, specifications, and release of a product or feature to build.
- Objectives and Key Results (OKR) E-Course: Provides an OKR e-course that teaches how to build a product strategy in 5 lessons.
ProdPad offers two pricing plans: Feedback Essentials and Feedback Advanced. The Feedback Essentials plan costs $24 per editor per month when billed annually and includes all core features, a single customer feedback portal and widget, a feedback email dropbox, unlimited feedback capture, and segmentation options by customer, company, persona, source, and more.
The Feedback Advanced plan costs $36 per editor per month when billed annually and includes all the features of the Feedback Essentials plan, as well as AI-powered similarity matching to surface themes.
Innovation Cloud is a software that helps businesses with their innovation process. It lets companies collect ideas, evaluate them, and manage projects. It also helps users measure the impact of their ideas and find ways to improve. Innovation cloud solves problems like bad ideas, slow innovation, and wasting resources.
- Front-end inclusion of all participants in the innovation process.
- Efficient management of ideas with streamlined ideation workflow.
- Different plans for different company sizes and needs: Startup, Pro, and Enterprise.
- Integration with Microsoft 365 and other tools.
- Complete management of the innovation process from idea to final product based on your needs.
- Democratization of data and use of cloud-native application platforms for engaging experiences.
- Unlocking new technical skills and expanded business capabilities through customer needs understanding and rapid innovation building.
- Insightful reports for better decision-making.
- Customizable workflows, forms, fields, and categories to match your innovation process.
- Collaboration and communication tools such as comments, ratings, notifications, and feedback.
Innovationcloud.com offers free idea management software for team collaboration with 15 users, 100 ideas, and 1GB storage.
Upgrade to PRO 20 for 20 users, unlimited ideas, and 2GB storage for 25€ or 30$.
PRO 50 has 50 users, 5GB storage, and custom fields for 60€ or 70$. PRO 100 has 100 users, 10GB storage, and unlimited ideas for 100€ or 115$.
IdeaScale is a tool for tracking and analyzing feedback. This tool allows your organization to connect with individuals who have ideas. IdeaScale enables you to capture, develop, prioritize, and select ideas that are occurring naturally in your ecosystem and package them into organizational outputs.
- IdeaScale is a cloud-based platform for idea management and innovation.
- Users can create communities to submit, comment, and vote on ideas.
- The platform has a responsive design, ensuring optimal functionality across any device or browser.
- IdeaScale supports custom fields for ideas, profiles, or campaigns, enabling the collection of relevant data.
- The platform employs a stage-gate process for the development, prioritization, and selection of ideas.
- IdeaScale integrates seamlessly with various tools and systems, including Slack, Salesforce, and SharePoint.
- The platform has decent analytics and reporting features that provide valuable insights into the performance and impact of ideas.
IdeaScale offers four pricing plans that include Engage, Evolve, Advance, and Transform. These plans are based on the number of users and the features that users can access. The pricing plans range from $12,999 to $64,999 per year.
Users can also opt for a free plan that includes up to 25 users and 5 campaigns. However, the free plan has limited features and functionality compared to the paid plans. Users can upgrade to a paid plan at any time if they require more users or features.
For users with specific needs or requirements that are not covered by the standard pricing plans, IdeaScale offers custom subscriptions. Users can contact IdeaScale's team of advisors to request more information and get a personalized quote for their custom subscription.
Note: The prices mentioned above are not available on IdeaScale's website and are based on third-party sources. Users are advised to verify the prices with IdeaScale before making any purchase decisions.
JIRA is a product created by Atlassian that is designed to help manage projects and track feedback. Originally established as an issue-tracking platform for software developers, it has now expanded to include three distinct packages: JIRA Core, JIRA Software, and JIRA Service Management. JIRA is a powerful tool that enables efficient bug tracking and agile project management.
- Jira offers powerful agile boards to break complex projects into manageable pieces of work, helping teams to ship faster.
- Jira Core is a basic project management platform that includes all functions of Jira Software, as well as additional Agile functionality.
- Customizable workflows help teams manage their work more effectively.
- Advanced reporting features help teams track their progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Jira Software integrates with other tools such as Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo.
- A mobile app is available for managing work on the go.
- Best-of-breed features, security, privacy, and tools are provided for every step of the journey.
JIRA's pricing is based on a per-user structure, meaning the cost will depend on the number of team members added to the platform. Jira Core's monthly billing starts at $5 per user per month, while annual billing starts at $500 per year.
For Jira Cloud, the monthly rolling plan starts at $7.75 per user per month, and the free tier is also available. There are also Premium and Enterprise plans, which are priced at $15.25 per user per month and quoted on request, respectively.
Jira Data Center starts at $42,000 per year and cannot be paid on a monthly subscription.
Craft.io is a product management platform that has various built-in roadmap formats and is adjustable for different target audiences. With its dynamic roadmap tool, product managers can communicate their plans and make better decisions. Craft.io is a purpose-built platform that is flexible enough to be customized according to specific audience needs. It allows product managers to share roadmaps with customers, developers, investors, and senior management. The platform is capable of tracking and analyzing feedback to help product managers improve their products.
- Strategy: Helps teams define their product vision and goals, aligning product strategy with business goals and customer needs.
- Feedback: Allows teams to collect feedback from customers and stakeholders, categorize, prioritize, and track feedback over time to build products that meet their needs.
- Feature Definition: Helps teams define and manage product features, create feature cards, define feature requirements, and manage feature status.
- Prioritization: Helps teams prioritize features based on business value and customer needs, score features, and make data-driven decisions about which features to build next.
- Capacity Planning: Helps teams manage resources and plan sprints, estimate feature effort, plan sprints, and manage team capacity.
- Roadmap: Helps teams visualize their product roadmap and communicate it to stakeholders, create a product roadmap, define roadmap items, and share it with stakeholders.
- Execution: Helps teams manage the development process and track progress, create tasks, track progress, and manage releases to deliver high-quality products.
Craft.io presents three pricing plans: Essential, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Essential plan costs $39/user/month for annual billing and $49/user/month for monthly billing.
- The Pro plan costs $69/user/month for annual billing and $89/user/month for monthly billing.
- The Enterprise plan offers custom pricing that includes extra features like custom integrations, dedicated support, and more.
For more information, please visit the Craft.io website.
After exploring various feedback tracking and analysis tools, we must say that FeedBear stands out as a top contender. With its combination of affordability, user-friendliness, and features, it's tough to beat.
One of the standout features of FeedBear is the centralized idea board, which allows you to keep all feedback in one place. The customizable public roadmap and changelog also make it easy to communicate updates with your customers. Also, the modern design adds a professional touch to your feedback management.
But what sets FeedBear apart is its ability to close the loop with your customers. By allowing them to vote on features and providing updates on their suggestions, you can build stronger relationships and create a product that truly meets their needs.
Overall, if you're looking for a feedback tracking and analysis tool that won't break the bank, FeedBear is worth considering. With its intuitive interface and robust features, it's a great option for businesses of all sizes.
Struggling to manage feedback coming from all places? Consolidate customer and team ideas, feedback and feature requests using FeedBear. Try it out for 14 days, no credit card required.
Get customer and team feedback easily with FeedBear! Centralize and prioritize feedback, ideas and feature requests. Try FeedBear for free and see how it improves your product development. Sign up now for a 14-day free trial!